BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York Expands Partnership with Tivity Health to Provide SilverSneakers Through 2024
Multi-Year Agreement Confirms Commitment to Advancing the Physical and Social health of Members
CHANDLER, Ariz. (Jan. 7, 2019) – As part of its mission to develop and provide innovative and cost-effective health care that supports the needs of members, stakeholders, and the community it serves, BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York announced today the company has expanded its partnership with Tivity Health, Inc., the leading provider of fitness and health improvement programs for older adults, to offer the acclaimed SilverSneakers® program through December 31, 2024.
“For over 80 years, BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York has been here for our members to ensure that they not only have the health care coverage they need, but that they also have access to resources and tools that enable them to live their healthiest life,” said Jen Vogel, Senior Director Health Management, BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York. “SilverSneakers provides an invaluable opportunity for older adults to stay healthy both physically and mentally, and we’re proud to continue our partnership with them.”
SilverSneakers has been offered to eligible BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York members since 2013. The program is available to eligible members throughout the counties of Erie, Niagara, Orleans, Genesee, Wyoming, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus and Allegany.
“Our partnership with BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York has afforded its members an opportunity to take charge of their overall health,” said Steve Janicak, Chief Growth Officer at Tivity Health. “Together we are delivering a comprehensive program that offers seniors unique opportunities and best-in-class resources to maintain an active lifestyle and make vital social connections.”
SilverSneakers is the nation’s leading community fitness program for older Americans. In 2019, SilverSneakers members will have access to a broad range of benefits and resources including:
- Nationwide access to more than 15,000 partner locations, including 24-Hour Fitness, Curves, Snap Fitness, LA Fitness, participating YMCAs and local independent fitness locations.
- Membership reciprocity that enables members to use multiple fitness locations in multiple cities.
- SilverSneakers GO™, a new mobile fitness application designed to meet the goals, preferences and lifestyle of active older adults.
- CollegeSave, which includes free access to tuition discounts accepted by nearly 400 private colleges and universities throughout the nation.
- Signature SilverSneakers group fitness classes taught by a trained instructor.
- Access to the FLEX network, which includes community centers, senior centers, medical facilities, parks and other locations throughout the country.
- Digital access to the latest health education information, as well as information about social activities and networking, through SilverSneakers social media channels and SilverSneakers.com.
- SilverSneakers On-Demand, bringing video workouts to our members whenever and wherever they want them. Members can log in at SilverSneakers.com and choose from hundreds of workouts in multiple categories.
For more information, to check eligibility or enroll, go to SilverSneakers.com.
About BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York is a division of HealthNow New York Inc., an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Since 1936, BlueCross BlueShield has helped millions of people lead healthier lives. BlueCross BlueShield offers a full range of insured, self-insured, and government programs and services covering businesses, families, and individuals, as well as dental and vision plans and stop-loss coverage. As a community-based, not-for-profit health plan, BlueCross BlueShield contributes significantly to organizations that strengthen and enrich the health of our community.
About Tivity Health
Tivity Health, Inc. is a leading provider of fitness and health improvement programs, with strong capabilities in developing and managing network solutions. Through its existing three networks, SilverSneakers®—the nation’s leading fitness program for older adults, Prime® Fitness, and WholeHealth Living™, Tivity Health is focused on targeted population health for those 50 and over. With more than 15 million Americans eligible for SilverSneakers, over 10,000 fitness centers in the Prime Fitness Network, and more than 25 years of clinical and operational expertise in managing specialty health benefits and networks, including chiropractic services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, acupuncture, massage and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) services, the Company touches millions of consumers across the country and works directly with hundreds of healthcare practitioners and many of the nation’s largest payers and employers. To learn more, visit tivityhealth.com or SilverSneakers.com.