- BHL TV
The previous Western New York Harm Reduction Conferences included a range of discussions from subject matter experts on the context of drug use in our region, innovative harm reduction interventions, and other topics related to evidence-based care for people who use drugs to move toward safer, healthier, and dignifying communities for all.
This year, Evergreen Health is proud to be teaming up with the New York State Harm Reduction Association (NYSHRA) to host an in-person convening in Buffalo, NY, with virtual options available for people who can’t attend.
You can expect keynote addresses from leaders in New York State including:
• New York State OASAS Commissioner Chinazo Cunningham, MD, MS
• New York State Health Commissioner Mary Bassett, MD, MPH
• Author Maia Szalavitz
There will also be several presentations and panel discussions on topics including:
• Low-threshold buprenorphine
• Practicing harm reduction with mandated clients
• Innovative interventions such as Overdose Prevention Centers
• Voices of people with lived experience
We encourage service providers, community leaders, public health officials, members from educational institutions, community organizers, and directly impacted people to attend. Below is a link to purchase your ticket for the 2022 WNY Harm Reduction Conference. There is a fee to attend, but we’re proud to offer scholarship options for those with lived experience and discounts for NYSHRA members.