Independent Health Medicare Advantage members can earn annual rewards for completing health and wellness challenges – FitWorks® Medicare gives members a new reason to focus on their health
BUFFALO, N.Y. (February 9, 2017) – As a way to help keep its Medicare Advantage members motivated and on track with their health, Independent Health’s is pleased to launch a new wellness program called FitWorks® Medicare.
Through this unique program, all members enrolled in an Independent Health Medicare Advantage individual or group plan can earn points for completing different FitWorks Medicare challenges. Upon earning 100 points during their plan year, members will automatically receive a $50 gift card to TOPS Friendly Markets. Among the FitWorks Medicare challenges members can choose from include:
• Completing an Enhanced Annual Wellness Visit, which is a $0 preventive service that encourages members to create a personalized health plan with their doctor. The visit includes a detailed exam and can help members identify any health risks before they become a problem.
• Completing preventive services such as a colonoscopy, mammogram and flu shot. Independent Health covers more than 25 services at no cost to our members.
• Completing a routine vision exam with any EyeMed provider.
• Joining Independent Health’s Healthy Benefits Fitness Program, which includes a fitness membership at more than 100 participating facilities located throughout Western New York.
• Signing up to view important plan documents online. By going paperless, members will have access to their plan information if they travel or are temporarily out of the area, while eliminating the need for them to store large documents each year.
“Our FitWorks Medicare program is yet another example of how Independent Health is committed to helping our members get healthy and stay healthy no matter what their goals are,” said Robert Tracy, Vice President of Medicare Programs for Independent Health. “By taking simple steps to live a healthy lifestyle, like visiting the doctor, getting their eyes checked and joining a gym, our members now have the chance to get rewarded. Plus, we’ve made it easy for them to participate in this program. No paperwork is involved; instead, we track all of our members’ activity and record their points for them.”
To learn more about this program, visit www.independenthealth.com/FitWorksMedicare.