by Joseph B. Neiman, M.D., F.A.A.D.
Did you know that the food you eat has a direct correlation with the overall health of your skin? It can influence the tone, texture, and clarity of your skin. That’s right! The secret to healthier, more beautiful skin may lie in your diet.
Here are some foods that can improve the appearance of your skin.
- Berries. The rich antioxidants found in berries have been proven to protect skin from premature aging.
- Dark Chocolate. Has been known to help skin stay hydrated and protect it from sun damage.
- Kiwis. Contains vitamin C and antioxidants which helps keep skin stay firm and prevent wrinkles.
- Spinach. Rich in calcium, iron, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins (especially vitamin A), nutrients, and antioxidants, which are all great for skin health.
- Tomatoes. The best source of the anti-aging antioxidant, lycopene.
- Walnuts. Eating these will give your skin a smoother appearance, plus you’ll also be able to get your daily intake of vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Yogurt. Has a high amount of calcium and vitamin A. The protein you get from dairy helps skin become firmer and prevents wrinkles.
- Sweet Potatoes. They are full of vitamin C, which smoothes wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen. They are also loaded with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that fights aging.
So next time you think about what you should eat, consider your skin.
About the Author:
Joseph B. Neiman, M.D. is a board certified dermatologist specializing in treating skin, hair and nails. To make an appointment with Dr. Neiman call 716.688.0020, and visit www.neimandermatology.com.