Ingredients (6 kebabs)
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 package mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Use or substitute other veggies, such as zucchini, cherry tomatoes, etc.
Instructions: Prep Time 20 minutes, Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Press the tofu for about 15 minutes, by placing the tofu on a paper towel-lined plate, and covering the tofu with another paper towel with something heavy on top of it (a cookbook works well). Set aside.
- While the tofu is pressing, cut the pineapple, peppers and onions into 1″ pieces, and remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Once the tofu is done, cut that into 1″ pieces as well.
- Skewer the pineapple, tofu and veggies onto metal skewers and place the skewers on a baking sheet.
- Cover the skewers with a layer of sauce on all sides.
- Turn the grill on medium heat and grill the skewers for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. After you’ve flipped, brush with another layer of sauce.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and brush with any remaining sauce. Sprinkle with a garnish of fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Serving: 1kebab | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 534mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 105.6mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1.5mg