By Julie A. Pappalardo
Ingredients (2-3 servings)
2 mangoes cut up
Juice of one lemon
2 cups orange juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger (or some ginger powder)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
fresh or dried thyme
1. Pound the chicken breasts, and then fry them in a pan in the olive oil.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice, and add the cut-up mangoes, ginger, and orange juice to the pan and allow it to cook down until it makes a chunky sauce.
Coconut Brown Rice
1. Simply cook the desired amount of brown rice.
- Add ¼ to ½ cup of coconut milk and stir it into the rice.
Finish by slicing the chicken breasts into strips, and place them on top of the rice, with the mango sauce on top. Add fresh thyme or cilantro on top, and enjoy!
Julie A Pappalardo resides in Newstead, plays bass and sings backup in a Buffalo band called The Unbroken Gardens, publishes the Akron/Newstead online newsletter at www.thenewsteader.com, and enjoys cooking.