Ingredients: (Serves 3-4)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons shallots or white onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon chili flakes
1 cup white wine
2 cups pappardelle noodles
¾ cup vegetable stock
3 tablespoons capers (optional)
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced in wedges
1 handful baby kale
1 fresh lemon, juice only
2 tablespoons butter (optional)
sea salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
a handful of torn fresh basil
Instructions: (Total Time: 1 hour)
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- In fry pan on medium-high heat, add olive oil and onions; sauté 2 minutes. Lower heat slightly, and add garlic and chile flakes. Sauté on medium heat 2-3 minutes. Add white wine and deglaze pan. Cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm until ready to add freshly cooked pasta.
- In pot of boiling water, add pappardelle. Cook according to package instructions, then drain.
- Place frying pan back on medium heat. Add drained pasta, vegetable stock, capers (if desired), tomatoes, baby kale, and lemon juice. Add butter, if desired, and toss well. Cook 2-3 minutes, tossing occasionally, and season with salt and pepper to taste, and fresh basil.
- Toss again, remove from heat and serve.
Article Source: Family Features