Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
By Jen Segal (onceuponachef.com)
Ingredients: Servings: 4-6
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, sliced in half (they should all be about the same size so they cook evenly)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook potatoes until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon or hand-held strainer to transfer cooked potatoes to a shallow bowl or serving dish. Reserve hot cooking water. Top potatoes with butter, Parmigiano Reggiano, salt, and pepper. Use a fork to smash the potatoes, adding cooking liquid as necessary to make potatoes as creamy as you like (I usually add about a ½ cup total). Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle fresh chives over top and serve.
Calories 246, Fat 14 g, Sat. Fat: 9g, Carbs 24g, Sugar 2g, Fiber 3g, Protein 6g, Sodium 407mg, Cholesterol 37mg.