People Inc. Affordable Living
For Seniors, the General Public, and Individuals with Disabilities
As part of its affordable apartments options, People Inc. is accepting applications for available units and for people to be added to waiting lists. The apartments include kitchen with refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher; utilities for water and garbage removal; on-site laundry facilities; safety features; air-conditioning and on-site management with various amenities. Tenants can have a furry friend, as one small pet is allowed. Section 8 vouchers are accepted, and some of the apartment units are designed specifically for people who may have mobility issues, are legally blind, or who are deaf or hard of hearing. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 716-880-3890.
- Jefferson Avenue Apartments. Located at 1140 and 1166 Jefferson Avenue in Buffalo, these one- and two-bedroom apartments are for people 18 years or older who are income-eligible, physically intellectually, or developmentally disabled. Rental applications are currently being accepted for one-bedroom units for people who are intellectually/developmentally disabled.
Apartments below have a waitlist for one- and two-bedroom units.
- Grant Street Apartments. Located at 25 Grant Street in North Tonawanda are for people 18+ years or older who are income-eligible, physically disabled, and or intellectually/developmentally disabled.
- Highland School Apartments. Located at 105 Highland Avenue in Tonawanda, occupants must be 18+ years of age, income eligible. They may have a traumatic brain injury (TBI), and/ or be physically disabled and/or intellectually/developmentally disabled.
- Linwood Lafayette Senior Apartments. Located at 637 Linwood Avenue in Buffalo, occupants must be 55+ years or older, income-eligible, physically disabled, and or intellectually/developmentally disabled.
Apartments for General Public and Seniors in Lockport and Southern Tier
- Academy Place Senior Apartments in Gowanda. Applications are being accepted for one- and two-bedroom apartments and are ideal for older adults in the Southern Tier. Located at 1 School Street in Gowanda, Academy Place Senior Apartments, is a HUD Section 202 Affordable Housing and NYS Tax-Credit complex. The apartments provide affordable housing for independent older adults age 62 and older who meet federally mandated household income guidelines. Vouchers are accepted for tax-credit units. For more information, call 716-817-9090.
- People Inc. Pine Senior Living in Lockport. These apartments offer affordable rent that is based on income. They offer numerous safety features for independent older adults age 62 and over for those who are income eligible. They are located at Transit Road near Millersport Highway. For more information, call 716-433-3381.
Affordable Rent Based on Income and Many Amenities
Senior Living apartments are affordable rent based on income and safety features. As an added cost savings, some utilities are included. The apartments include a kitchen with appliances. Amenities ensure cleanliness and safety. Various safety features include stove fire prevention devices, grab bars in the bathroom, emergency pull-cords, a secure entrance and a 24-hour response system. There is also a day-time manager and a live-in caretaker for building emergencies. One small pet is welcome. To learn more about the People Inc. Senior Living locations or for an application, call 716-817-9090.