Castle Connolly celebrates Top Doctors with exemplary record of leadership and expertise
- Exceptional Women note doctors from 77 areas of specialty across U.S.
- Highlights physicians who demonstrate leadership, expertise, dedication in medicine
- Roswell Park team spans pediatrics, medical oncology, thoracic, palliative care
BUFFALO, N.Y. — As it celebrates the achievements of some of the nation’s most respected and accomplished doctors, healthcare information resource Castle Connolly has recognized seven Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center physician-oncologists as Exceptional Women in Medicine.
The 2023 list is comprised of doctors across 77 areas of specialty who also earned designation as Castle Connolly 2023 Top Doctors based on anonymous physician surveys. Exceptional Women in Medicine are physicians have also demonstrated outstanding leadership, expertise, contributions to research and commitment to volunteer work.
“It’s no surprise to see this group of Roswell Park faculty named Exceptional Women in Medicine,” says Candace S. Johnson, PhD, President, CEO and M&T Bank Presidential Chair in Leadership at Roswell Park. “It’s energizing to work alongside such talented women oncologists who innovate and lead the way in so many different areas of research and patient care.”
The seven Roswell Park physicians recognized on the 2023 Exceptional Women in Medicine list are:
- Amy Case, MD, FAAHPM, Chair of Supportive Care, Associate Professor of Oncology in the Department of Internal Medicine and The Lee Foundation Endowed Chair of Palliative and Supportive Care — Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Elisabeth Dexter, MD, FACS, FCCP, Associate Professor of Oncology, Attending Surgeon and Quality Assurance Officer in the Department of Thoracic Surgery — Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery
- Amy Early, MD, Associate Professor of Oncology in the Department of Medicine — Medical Oncology
- Meghan Higman, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Oncology in the Department of Pediatric Oncology and a staff physician with the Roswell Park Oishei Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Program — Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Tracey O’Connor, MD, Associate Professor of Oncology in the Department of Medicine — Medical Oncology
- Denise Rokitka, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Oncology in the Department of Pediatric Oncology, Director of Pediatric & Adolescent Cancer Survivorship, Director of the Young Adult and Oncofertility Program, and a staff physician with the Roswell Park Oishei Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Program — Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Barbara Bambach, MD, who recently retired from her role as a faculty member with Roswell Park’s Department of Pediatric Oncology and physician in the Roswell Park Oishei Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Program.
“We are proud to see an increasing number of women recognized as Castle Connolly Top Doctors each year,” says Steve Leibforth, Managing Director of Castle Connolly. “It is our hope that by recognizing and highlighting the achievements of these Exceptional Women in Medicine, we can inspire more women to pursue careers in medicine and help to address the under-representation of women in certain medical specialties and leadership positions.”