4 ripe Bosc pears, peeled and cored
½ cup sugar
1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
¼ cup chopped walnuts (toasted)
3¾ tbsp. of Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean, core, peel, and cut the pears into halves.
- Next, make the syrup by combining 1 cup of water and ½ cup of sugar in a medium saucepan (medium-high heat) and bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Place your Bosc pears in a shallow baking dish, and pour the syrup over them. Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes (until soft).
- Remove the pan from the oven, and cool until just warm.
- Place the baked pear halves on a serving dish and dress each with a dollop of fresh ricotta cheese. Gently sprinkle walnuts on top of the ricotta.
- Drizzle your favorite Balsamic vinegar over each pear, and serve!