Double Chocolate Strawberry Muffins (Gluten Free) – Another Great Recipe from Melinda Novak at Cooking ala Mel
These muffins are great for stashing away in the freezer, ready for a crazy morning when you don’t have time, or for when a chocolate craving strikes.
Ingredients (yields 1 dozen muffins)
- 1 cup almond meal (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia (or another 1/2 cup honey – you can scale this down to 1/4 tsp or 1/4 cup honey for less sweetness)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaping cup strawberries, hulled and quartered (fresh or frozen are fine)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350ºF, and line a muffin tin with liners.
In a medium bowl, combine the almond meal, buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the honey, liquid stevia, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract together, until smooth. Slowly stir in the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Gently fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.