Plan ahead for your weekend brunch with this delicious Farmer’s Casserole recipe. You’ll enjoy this hearty combination of meat, cheese, eggs and a little bit of spice with some jalapenos. You can also prepare this recipe the night before and let it chill till you are ready to pop it in the oven.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked ham, cooked breakfast sausage or Canadian-style bacon
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange hash browns evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle cheese, ham, and green onions over hash browns.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and jalapenos. Pour egg mixture over hash brown mixture in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens