Ham and Broccoli Frittata
Recipe courtesy of Know Diabetes by Heart and Family Features
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 25 minutes, Servings: 4 (¼ frittata per serving)
2 cups frozen fat-free potatoes (O’Brien), thawed
6 ounces small broccoli florets, rinsed in cold water, drained but not dried
8 large egg whites
1 large egg
4 ounces lower-sodium, low-fat ham (uncured, nitrate/nitrite-free), cut into ¼-inch cubes
¼ cup fat-free milk
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Lightly spray a medium ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Put the potatoes in the skillet. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a microwaveable bowl, microwave the broccoli, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Drain in a colander. Stir the broccoli into the potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites and egg. Whisk in the ham, milk, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and broccoli; stir well.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
Nutritional information per serving:
180 calories; 30 calories from fat; 3 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0 g trans-fat; 0.5 g polyunsaturated fat; 1.5 g monounsaturated fat; 60 mg cholesterol; 460 mg sodium; 570 mg potassium; 17 g total carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 4 g sugar; 1 g added sugar; 18 g protein; 210 mg phosphorus. Choices/Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate, 2 lean protein.