Watermelon Salad with Mint and Feta
Prep Time15 mins, Total Time15 mins, Servings: 6
- 1 small watermelon (3 pounds), rind removed, cut into 1-inch chunks and chilled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice or lemon juice (both are excellent, see which one you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Small pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (sheep feta recommended for the creamiest texture and best flavor contrast)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the chilled diced watermelon along with the mint. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese on top and serve immediately.
Suggestions: Add arugula!
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 851mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 4345IU | Vitamin C: 62.3mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 2mg