Ingredients (serves 8)
5-6 fresh yellow peaches, sliced
¼ cup sugar
½ cup salted butter, melted
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
¼ cup turbinado sugar (optional)
whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Smear the bottom of a 9×13 pan with a little bit of butter. Add peaches and sugar, and mix directly in the pan.
- Mix the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt until a cookie-dough-like batter forms.
- Place scoops of the mixture over the top of the peaches, and spread with a spoon or your fingers.
- Bake for 30 minutes until juicy and bubbly around the sides.
- Sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar and bake another 10 minutes. Then finish with a few minutes under the broiler at 475 degrees until it is golden brown and crunchy on top.
- Let it stand for 20-30 minutes before serving with either whipped cream or ice cream
Fat 11.9g, Sodium 148.6mg, Fiber 1.8g, Protein 2.5g, Vitamin C 5.8mg, Phosphorous 123.7mg, Cholesterol 30.5mg, Carbs 45.9g, Sugars 32.4g, Vitamin A 111ug, Potassium 313.9mg