Prep/Total Time: 20 min., Yield: 6 servings
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar (or substitute with stevia, coconut sugar, honey, or agave)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (you may also use a sugar or sugar-free substitute)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream (coconut ice cream, soy ice cream, or Halo Top ice cream is very low in sugar)
- Toss apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased, microwave-safe 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Mix first four topping ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high until apples are tender, 5-7 minutes. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 252 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .