Outdoor Activities/Things to Do/Great Ideas!
- Visit Rolling Hills Asylum
- Visit the Botanical Gardens and check their calendar.
- Botanical Gardens Virtual School Programs.
- Take a road trip to one of these Epic NYS Waterfalls You Can Drive to In 3 Hours or Less
- Sign up for a Board & Brush DIY workshop
- Visit the Chandler Street Food E Market
- Try the new FlashFood App, now available at certain Tops to save up to 50% on groceries
- Make a long weekend out of a nearby tiny house Airbnb stay
- Go on a shop local excursion in Hamburg or Williamsville
- Staycation in Jamestown, perfect for nature-seekers and comedy lovers
- Visit these unique public art installations around Buffalo
- local artists, charities and Step Out Buffalo by purchasing our limited edition Step Out Buffalo x Artists merch of the month
- Stage your own photoshoot at one of these 27 Insta-worthy spots around town
- Try IV therapy
- Try homemade ice cream at these 15 local shops
- Take a tour of the most iconic street art murals in WNY
- Order take-out and have a picnic at any of these parks
- See a drive-in movie at Transit Drive-In or Dark Alley Drive-In
- Become a geocacher on a county park trail
- Try a locally made hard seltzer
- Hike to the eternal flame at Chestnut Ridge
- Visit Griffis Sculpture Park
- Hit the trails and connect with nature at Reinstein Woods
- Head out to one of these nearby state parks
- Visit a dog park
- Try one of these 25 alternative parks and trails
- Take a short drive to Lilydale
- Wander Forest Lawn Cemetery
- Visit the Buffalo Zoo
- Get friendly with the animals at Aquarium of Niagara
- Learn something new at Buffalo Museum of Science
- Stop and smell the flowers at Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens
- Visit the Buffalo History Museum
- Check out our Guide to Stargazing for the ultimate date night
- Get wings from Josh Allen’s favorite spot
Fitness/Exercise Classes Outdoors
Biking, Running, Walking:
Blue Bikes can be rented from noon-5pm at the Canalside Kiosk. Bluecross Blueshield members receive a discount on rentals.
Reddy Bikeshare bikes are available for short term use in spots across Buffalo and Niagara. http://reddybikeshare.com
GoBike Buffalo will be hosting special events throughout the summer. http://gobikebuffalo.org
Slow Roll Buffalo is back. 10 miles of riding throughout various parts of Buffalo every Monday at 6:30pm. Join the fun!
Buffalo Bike Tours will take place at three different times daily at the Buffalo Bike Tours Kiosk on the boardwalk.Reflective First Sunday walks to resume at 10:45am at Delaware Park.
Fusion Boot Camps will take place at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus and River Works on Tuesdays and Wednesday at 5:15/5:30pm.
State Parks will be open for walks, biking, and hiking. Local parks include: Golden Hill State Park, Chestnut Ridge, Evangola State Park, Letchworth, 18 Mile Creek Park, Buffalo Harbor State Park, Wilkeson Pointe, Hunters Creek, and Buckhorn Island State Park.
Dance, Zumba, Yoga:
Summer City Fitness resumes with La’Movement Dance, 10am Saturdays starting June 7th. The classes will be held in MLK Park. https://www.lamovementfitness.com/
Barre and Barre Centric Classes will be held 9:30am and 7pm Mondays at two locations–the Widewater Marina Nelson C. Goehle Park in Lockport, and Canalside.
Zumba classes will take place at Canalside (6pm Tuesdays), Allen Park (4pm Wednesdays), Larkin Square (11:15am Saturdays), and various other locations.
Yoga in the Park Saturdays, 10:30am Garrison Park, and 10am Sundays at Delaware Park.
Graceful Warrior Yoga, 6pm Mondays at Canalside. https://www.bcbswny.com/content/wny/member-services/community/events/canalside-fitness.html
Goat Yoga at Rowandale Farm (Colden). https://www.rowandaletherapygoats.com/
Outdoor Lawn Fitness, Air-Boxing, Total Body, Barre, Brierwood Training Center (Hamburg) https://www.brierwoodwellnesscenter.com/training-center
Burn Boot Camp is offering outdoor classes at North Forest Park. https://burnbootcamp.com/locations/williamsville-ny/
Outdoor Body Combat and Pilates. https://www.catalystfitnessbuffalo.com/
Summer Solstace Yoga on the Beach at St. Catherines ON. June 20th 7-9pm. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/summer-solstice-yoga-on-the-beach-tickets-64184090342?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
Kids Fitness and Family:
Canalside kids fitness Saturdays at 9 and 10am.
Pick your own strawberries and yummy vegetables at Greg’s U Pick Farm Market: http://gregsupick.com/