Servings: 4, Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 45 minutes
4 tablespoons rice vinegar seasoned with roasted garlic
2 teaspoons red chile bean paste (gochujang)
6 tablespoons maple syrup
4 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons, olive oil
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper
8 chicken thighs
4 cups fresh cauliflower, riced (use grater or food processor so cauliflower resembles rice)
1 ½ cups fresh scallions, sliced
2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
3 sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish
Heat oven or grill to 375 F.
- In large bowl, mix together vinegar, gochujang, maple syrup, soy sauce, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper to form marinade. Dip chicken in marinade and toss lightly until coated.
- Lightly oil foil pouch and layer base of pouch with cauliflower. Add scallions and sugar snap peas then place chicken on top. Carefully pour remaining marinade over pouch contents (ensuring that liquid stays inside foil).
- Seal foil packet and bake or grill 30 minutes. Open foil to create 2-inch long vent then bake or grill another 15 minutes, or until completely cooked. Garnish with cilantro before serving.
- Chef’s tip: For best results and added flavor, marinate chicken 30 minutes before preparing pouches.
- Substitutions: In place of gochujang, red pepper flake paste can be made by mixing 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes with a few dashes soy sauce and 1 dash sugar. Alternatively, substitute 2 teaspoons sriracha for gochujang.
Find more great recipese at Mizkan.com/Recipes.Heat oven to 375 F.