As many healthcare providers transition toward a new normal, Windsong is also working hard to meet the needs of our community. As healthcare providers, we know all too well that the extended delay of certain preventive screening exams may be more harmful than the risk of COVID-19. To keep your patients S.A.F.E., we have taken the following extra steps:
- Social distancing
- Additional screening (temperature taking/interviewing)
- Facility safety (masking of patients and staff)
- Enhanced disinfectingPatient Visit Protocol
We are currently unable to accept patients with a fever, recent onset of cough, or flu-like symptoms.
We request that caregivers stay in the car unless they are absolutely required for patient assistance.
Screening Mammography Update
To meet the important cancer screening needs of your patients, screening mammography has resumed. Our workflows have been significantly modified to greatly enhance patient safety.
- Screening mammography
- Diagnostic mammography – We recommend that patients with a current breast problem schedule diagnostic breast imaging services immediately.
- MRI, CT, PET/CT, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound and X-Ray.
- Chest X-Rays resumed by appointment ONLY beginning May 18th.
- Interventional and vascular services including vein treatments have resumed.
- Telehealth consultations are available for select interventional patients.
- Genetic counseling appointments are available in person and for some patients via telehealth.
- Genetic testing – After genetic consult is complete, genetic testing kits can be sent directly to patients.
Breast Surgical Care has not been uninterrupted. Surgeries are available at Sisters and Millard Suburban Hospitals. Hours at each Windsong location are subject to change due to demand. For more information visit windsongwny.com. Any questions, please call 716.631.2500.