By Jennifer Segal (OnceUponAChef.com)
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup panko*(See note)
¼ cup finely chopped pecans
2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley (optional, for color)
4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
1 lemon, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, melted butter, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the panko, pecans, parsley (if using), and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Spoon the honey-mustard mixture evenly over the salmon fillets.
- Sprinkle the panko-pecan mixture over the glaze, pressing it lightly so it adheres.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes per inch of thickness. (If you find that the topping is browning more than you’d like before the fish is cooked through, loosely cover the salmon with foil.) Serve hot or at room temperature.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: (Per Serving)
Calories:482, Fat:33 g, Saturated fat:9 g, Carbohydrates:8 g, Sugar:5 g, Fiber:1 g, Protein:36 g
Sodium:467 mg, Cholesterol:109 mg
*Note: This recipe goes great with couscous or rice. And yes, you can get gluten free panko crumbs!