Learn about oncology nursing, hear from current staff, take part in interviews
- Nursing Open House at Roswell Park Tuesday, March 15
- Anyone interested should register online at RoswellPark.org/NursingOpenHouse
- Refreshments, free parking available on-site
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Considered the backbone of the hospital and the ones to advocate for patients all while delivering the highest quality care, the Nursing Department at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is holding an open house on Tuesday, March 15.
Nurses at all experience levels, including recent and soon-to-be nursing and BSN graduates, are welcome to attend. The open house is a chance to learn about oncology nursing, hear from fellow nurses, and take place in on-site interviews. Register to attend here.
Here’s what a few of our recent Nurse of the Month awardees say about working at Roswell Park:
- “I have the best job anyone could ask for,” said Mary Colleen House, MSN, BSN, RN. “Roswell Park is a place of hope and support, and we are helping people live with dignity.”
- Rose Yartz, BSN, RN: “This is the only place I ever plan to work. I said this in 2018 and say it today with the same intent.”
- “I had an interest in cancer and when I got here, I just loved it. This is where I wanted my career,” said Anne Courtney, AAS, RN, OCN.
The cancer center is recruiting for open positions in various nursing roles, including part-time and full-time opportunities.
The Nursing Open House will be held March 15 from 5-7 p.m. at the Research Studies Center at Roswell Park. Free parking is available – attendees are encouraged to park in the ramp across from the main hospital on Elm & Carlton Streets in Buffalo.