Just like from your favorite fro-yo shop, but fresher and better!
by Jennifer Segal, OnceUponAChef.com
Ingredients (4 cups)
- 2 cups plain yogurt (low fat or whole milk)
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (low fat or whole milk)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fruit toppings (optional)
- Pour any excess liquid out of the yogurt containers. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurts, sugar, and honey until the sugar is completely dissolved. Taste and add a few more tablespoons of sugar or honey if necessary. (Some brands of yogurt are more tart than others.)
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for freezing yogurt in your ice cream/frozen yogurt machine. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s smooth and stiff (it will harden even more in the freezer).
- Serve right away with fruit toppings, if using, or transfer to a container and freeze until ready to eat. If the yogurt stays in the freezer more than a few hours, you may need to let it sit out on the countertop for a bit to soften before serving.
Nutrition Per 1 Cup Serving
Calories: 362, Fat: 5g; Saturated fat: 3g; Carbohydrates: 61g; Sugar: 60g; Fiber 0g; Protein: 21g;
Sodium: 133mg; Cholesterol 15mg